Services to Help You with Employment
The Center's Tampa nursing school campus offers career service support to help nursing students identify the best approach for employment searching. Through customized counseling, workshops, and mock-interviews nursing students are given resources and tools to aid in finding and maintaining their desired nursing job.
Career services advisors and/or faculty can work with nursing students to review their strengths and weaknesses and determine the most effective way towards finding the right nursing job.
Resume Workshop Topics
- Frequent resume writing mistakes
- Various resume formatting - pros and cons
- Impact of reference letters
- How to Build and write an effective resume
- Writing a cover letter
Job Search Workshops
- Matching employment needs of the student with that of the employer
- Effective goal setting (short/long term)
- Professional Networking
- Online job searching and resume posting
- Preparing for job interviews
- Do's and Don'ts of a job interview
- Frequent interview mistakes
- Step-by-Step overview of interviews
- Most common questions during interviews and how to answer them
- Inappropriate employer questions
- Post-interviews thank you letters
Request a free information kit if you'd like more information about The Center for Allied Health Nursing and Education in Tampa, FL. Or tour the nursing school virtually through our series of videos including testimonials from instructors and students!
Admission for next term is underway; if you're ready to start your future nursing career, contact our admissions office for more information.