Tampa Nursing School LPN Entrance Exam
Tampa Practical Nursing Program
To gain entry into the Practical Nursing Program, all applicants must successfully pass an entrance exam. The results of exams are reviewed to assess an applicant's ability to succeed in the practical nursing program.
Applicants can read through the instructions for the entrance exam and complete a registration form. Below is an overview of the forms:
1. Required Math Skills:
Topics covered: Measurement Conversions, Decimals, Military Time, Algebra, Whole Numbers, Percentages, Word Problems, Fractions and Roman Numerals.
No Calculators are permitted. Scrap paper is provided for problem solving. The number of questions is approximately 55 and there are 90 minutes for the math section of the exam.
2. Reading Comprehension Skills:
Topics covered: Inferential Reading, Reading Rate, Main Ideas of Passage, Reading Rate Placement, Critical Thinking and Predicting of Outcomes.
The number of questions is approximately 47 and there are 90 minutes to complete the reading section.
Key things to understand about the entrance exam:
- In order to take the test, you must present Photo Identification.
- Testers may NOT bring notes, books, scratch paper, or aids (computer or language based) into the Testing Center.
- Testers may NOT talk to anyone other than proctors during the entrance test.
- Testers will receive scrap paper to use for the Math section. All scrap paper must remain in the Testing Center even when the exam is completed.
Important things to understand ABOUT the exam:
- The average length of the entrance exam is three hours.
- The cost for the entrance exam may vary by campus. The fee for the entrance exam is non-refundable and must be paid in full upon registration.
- Applicants can register by:
- Paying in person at the campus by credit card, cash, or money order.
- Faxing in a registration form with their credit card information.
- Testers are usually able to receive their results the same day of the entrance exam.
- Applicants may want to use a study guide with sample questions to prepare for the entrance exam. Jersey College makes one available to applicants for $25 or students can buy a variety of nursing exam guides.
Applicants who wish to receive addition information regarding the entrance exam should contact the Admission Office at (954)321-8890. You can also receive a free information kit about Jersey College's practical nursing program and watch a video tour of our campuses and see why over 1,500 students have graduated from our nursing school since we first opened in 2003!