Professional Nursing Program - Student Competencies
During the course of the LPN to RN Bridge Program, nursing students will develop the skills and competencies identified below. These nursing competencies range from the simple to the complex and include a multitude of aspects necessary for a successful nursing career. The Center's philosophy focuses on a holistic approach to nursing, as such, these competencies aim at motivating nursing students to consider the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of their patients. Additionally, these competencies focus on the correct methods to handle ethical, psychosocial, and legal concerns effecting patients and the overall healthcare field. Through our rigorous coursework combined with relevant clinical experiences, nursing students endeavor to gain these competencies throughout the program.
- Apply the Roy's Adaptation Model as a systematic problem solving approach to provide effective care to culturally diverse individuals, families, and groups
- Modify care in consideration of the client's values, customs, culture, religion and/or beliefs
- Communicate effectively using interpersonal skills and information technology
- Utilize evidence-based nursing interventions to achieve optimal adaptation
- Safely perform and prioritize appropriate nursing care skills
- Employ critical thinking to safely and effectively provide nursing care
- Accept responsibility and accountability for adhering to the standards of nursing practice as mandated by the nurse practice act
- Be prepared to take the NCLEX-RN licensing examination
- Utilize professional values and standards as a basis for ethical nursing practice
- Implement strategies to enhance evidence-based practice to support change needed to improve the quality of health care practice
- Demonstrate understanding of boundaries and the legal scope of professional practice as a registered nurse
If you'd like to learn more about The Center for Allied Health & Nursing School Tampa nursing programs, feel free to request one of our free information kits. Or take the virtual video tour of our campuses and see The Center firsthand including testimonials from instructors, staff and students!